Friday, May 25, 2007

Time

Yeah... you all know I'm staying in the US longer. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with this time I've been given. I'm heading to Portland for a training in health work in communities, I'm going to Kansas to visit friends and a fabulous church that is involved in the work in Zeway, and I'm hitching a ride to Colorado to visit some friends there. Before I know it will will be traveling for about a solid month. Whew! It's incredible how God has worked all this out so that I can see so many people.
But you know what really gets me is the question: am I using my time wisely and am I doing what I should be doing? A kid, named Kevin, from my neighborhood died last night. He was only 21. Here, I've got precious time to spend with people... am I doing it? Am I encouraging and being the smile people need? I don't know. If this was my last 24 would I be content with what I made of it.

2 comments:

justin said...

Kristen,
You have no idea who I am, but you know many of my friends at The Gathering in Kansas City.
They have spoken very highly of you and we are all really excited about what God is doing in Zeway.
I was excited to meet you when you come to visit, but I will not be here when you are in town (I am leaving for Mozambique on Friday). I'm hoping to come to Ethiopia and visit my sponsored children and FHI, so maybe we will meet then.

Good luck with you passport!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you are coming out to CO! I think you are being the "smile" that people need. Just know that God works all things out for the good of those who love Him....perhaps this accidental losing of the passport was a way for God to use you in the lives of the many people you will visit in the US this summer. And I know he has you on Oak Farm & Sunnyview Way right now so you can minister to the Avestal family. I was so saddened when I heard about Kevin. My prayers are with you and your family as you minister to his family. ~Amanda