Saturday, June 23, 2007

Spoiled

The Thinkers

That's the only word I can come up with to describe how I feel right now. Blessed might be a better word... but I feel too selfish to use it.

I'm in Kansas City (in the great state of Missouri or Kansas) at the moment. It's after midnight and I'm just reflecting on my circumstances. I'm hanging out in this great place simply because I lost my passport and my path has now led me here for the time being. I am spoiled because for this moment in time I am being treated not as I deserve to be treated. I've been taken all around this great city, eaten tons of great food, explored museums, cruised around a lake on a party boat, and simply relaxed. It's extremely humbling to join in the lives of dear friends whom I only briefly met on their recent visit to Zeway.

I think back to that time in Zeway hearing about their church and lives, thinking how I would probably never be able to see it, breathe it, and experience it, yet here I am. I am so thankful that GOD can see beyond my finite mind and into the unimaginable and incomprehensible.

3 comments:

Becky said...

you DO deserve the treatment you've gotten. You did the same for us in Zeway! We love you greatly, and have loved every minute of you being here. Sometimes, spoiled is an okay thing :-)

amy said...

Okay so I wasn't in Zeway but I am so glad I got to meet you and share in your visit here. I have a great chocolate bag photo that I'll be sending your way. :) Miss you already ... it doesn't seem right with you not being here anymore.

justin said...

Kristen,

Here I sit in Mozambique, Africa and you were able to have the chance to hangout with my friends in Kansas City. As I am a bit homesick at the moment, I have a bit of jealousy right now. I am disappointed that I missed your visit, but glad that you had a good time. Hope all is well as you prepare for your return to Zeway.