Thursday, August 9, 2007

I’ve Arrived!!

It's a cloudy day in Addis Ababa, but that's not much of a surprise to me. It's in the 50's too. I arrived safe and sound this morning via Ethiopian Airlines. I made a beeline over to the office and have spent the morning visiting with my co-workers and chatting it up. It's actually surprising to me how much Amharic I have retained, but so far I'm just sticking to the simple stuff. Things are good here, in fact it feels almost like I never left this place.

As we were landing I got glimpses out of the window of the shacks and terrain of this place. A flood of pictures and memories came to mind as I visualized what it is like to really be here to live and breathe Ethiopia. I'm thankful and so happy to be back.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So glad you made it back safe and sound!!!