Sunday, August 12, 2007

On the Way to Church


Time for Chocolate

Yesterday I hitched a ride with Dereje (My Ethiopian Dad) to a drop off point along the way to church. I was an hour early for the 11:15 service, but if I hadn't hitched a ride I would have had to leave at the same time (to travel by foot and mini-bus) and would have arrived at the my destination just when the service was starting. So, with all the extra time I had gained I set off for Kaldis. Now if I haven't talked to you about kaldi's it's a fabulous coffee shop. One where you can buy some of the best ice cream in the country and get great drinks. As you can see from the picture of my hot chocolate they serve some pretty good looking stuff. Actually that hot chocolate is much better than any Starbucks hot chocolate.

So I chilled for a while by the window watching the cars, the rain as it poured down, people pour in and out of mini-busses, boys walking up to cars to sell newspapers, and more boys walking by with their small crates of shoe cleaning supplies. It was nice to be able to sit and watch and remember what life is like here in Ethiopia. I rememberd that I missed it and felt thankful for the opportunity to be a part of it and see these glimpses of normal life.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Kaldi's...I miss that place, I would loved to have been there with you!

Becky said...

I agree with Jessica - I would have loved to have been there with you...soon...only 10 months to go!!