Monday, April 9, 2007

Choices

So in my very first blog here, I went on an on about the day I was going to be spending at the Sheridan with a good girlfriend of mine. Well, even though I fell asleep with thoughts of me laying by the beautiful pool, we woke up to a miserably cloudy day. Not only was it cloudy but it was drizzly too. It was a bummer. Well, Sarah and I still packed up our suits and headed hopped on a taxi to head to the pool. We drove in circles as the roads all leading to the main square (Meskel Square) were closed down. Instead of being a short little trip it took us nearly an hour to get there. Of course the sun wasn’t shining.- but we sat down and had lunch, still complaining about the weather. I could complain more about all the bad things that happened that day--- but I’ll spare you.

What I do want to share is that I feel blessed that I actually had the opportunity choose to pay money to go to a pool & and I had a day free to be able to relax with my friend. As I walk down the streets here, I am reminded that very few people have the options and choices that I have. I mean, I have a new computer that my supporters sent me, I can afford to drink bottled water and buy my Addis family treats for Easter. What a blessing is that!!!! In the end I feel guilty for my little bit of complaining when things don’t go my way.

1 comment:

jordanne said...

Yay for "The Commissioner" and for Kristen! Way to go on the blog my friend...we are thrilled to be able to see/read about your life there. We had an awesome service on Sunday about Zeway and we will be sending you a completed DVD soon!!